Monday, December 1, 2008

Challenge #1: LOVE (and the rules)

Welcome to the I AM Scraps Blog and I hope you want to dive right in with our challenges! This is more about scrapping a legacy for our children and leaving an imprint in this world that says we were here spreading the word of God!



Our challenges here will hopefully bring out what you want to share in your life with your family and your friends through a very popular hobbie that many of us love. God wants to be in every aspect of our lives and scrapping should be one of them!



This challenge is about Love. December 1-14



When you scrap this challenge, think about God's love for you and how you have implemented it in your life. Scrap any aspect of love as long as you integrate God into it and how it impacts your life. For example scrap about the love you have for your spouse, or your children. Scrap about their understanding of love for Jesus or God and the pure joy that exhalts from their understanding. Also use a heart somewhere in your layout.



God IS Love. He says so himself. He wants to love us and for us to choose to love him back. He commands us to love others so it only makes sense that Love would be our first challenge, but love is so deep and comes in so many ways. Share one of your stories with us! Please post back with a link for a chance at a free coupon from Faith or Danielle's stores!



In January we will be promoting the site through sponsors who will be donating coupons for their stores for the winners. If you are interested in donating to random challenge winners please let us know!



For our first challenge we have a freebie for you created by Faith True and Danielle Engebretson. You can choose to scrap with this freebie for the challenge but it is not required!





Here are some layouts from the team so far (more will be added so check back):


FaithCredits: Jesus Loves Me by Faith True and Danielle Engebretson

DanielleCredits: Jesus loves me by Faith True and Danielle Engebretson

Journaling: They tell me you are sending me to earth today, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless, God answered "Your angel will be waiting for you and take care of you" but tell me here in heaven I don't have to anything but sing and smile to be happy, God answered "Your angel will sing to you and make you smile and you will feel your angels love and be very happy" but how am I going to understand people when they talk to me when I don't the the language, God answered "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear and she will teach you how to speak" and what am I going to do when I want to talk to you, God answered "Your angel will place your hands together and teach you how to pray" and who will protect me, God answered "Your angel will protect you even if she has to risk her own life" but I will always be sad because I won't see you anymore, God answered "Your angel will always talk to you about me and teach you the way to come back to me even though I will always be right by your side" At that moment there was much peace in heaven and the voices on earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God if I am going to leave you now, please tell me my angels name" God answered "You will simply call her MOMMY"

ErikaCredits: brown paper from Faith True "Sun rays," paper tear from Tracy Sims, font- courier new, everything else from the Jesus Loves me kit


Journalling says: Shannon, there are a few things you need to know about love, should you get married some day. There are fun parts of love- the blush of first love and the overwhelming emotions that go along with it. It’s fun and a great high. And then life continues on.Love becomes a decision you have to make every day. You will wake up many days, not feeling those deep emotions. The person you married will change . . . every week he will be a different person. And you will have to chose to love him anyway. Five years of marriage later, and you will be married to a completely different person. And you will have to chose to love him. You’ll see things about him that make you so frustrated or irritated. That’s when true love choses to love anyway. I pray that God will teach you to love the way he does, at an early age. That the ability to love even the unlovely will come easy to you. That you will be a young woman who can show the world what love really is.


Melanie Credits: Jesus Loves Me by Faith True and Danielle Engebretson. Alpha from Scenes d'Hiver by Matahati Designs and Faith True

15 comments:

nanasdinky said...

Fantastic!! I am so glad to see this!! I want to join in! Thank you so much !!

I AM Scraps said...

These are fantastic layouts way to go everyone!!

Mary said...

What a fantastic challenge, the layouts are all so moving ;)

agravette said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful kit! I am very excited, especially about the "Jesus" paper! I have so many wonderful uses for it!

Jill said...

I'm definitely going to join in on this fun.

® said...

Faith,
I'm not english...:(
But, I love Jesus and scraps..=D
God bless you!!
Kiss, Vinni
vinni_sampa@yahoo.com.br (Brasil)

Anonymous said...

This is such a fantastic idea! I can't wait to try a layout!

Sory Little Moments said...

Hi,
Thank you so much for this fantastic challenge, I don´t speak english very well but I love Jesus and scraps.
God bless you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 06 Dec [LA 09:00pm] - 07 Dec [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Heidi said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful kit! I am just starting to digital scrapbook, so I am not sure if I'm ready to join in on a challenge, but I know this kit will get a lot of use! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! Here's the link to my gallery for your first challenge:
http://laizzeslesbontempsroulez.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-place-to-scrap-digi-heres-my-layout.html
I love your first freebie kit!

Krystal Hartley said...

This is such a wonderful idea! I'm bookmarking it now! And if you'd ever like to create a faith-based collab with me, I'd be honored!

Krystal Hartley said...

and I forgot to mention that I'd always be thrilled to sponsor/donate GCs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Do Not Show post on Apr. 16, 2009. Thanks again.